Friday, April 16, 2010

Tired

Troy and his mom have been gone since last Sunday...early! This week has been filled with an over flowing to-do list. I have had several church meetings, baby sitting favors, three cakes (including a four tier wedding cake), preschool drop-off and pick-up, sick kids, laundry and a million other things I could list. Although I am happy my cake business is doing well, I have had to feat everything this week by myself. I am so tired as I have gone to bed after one EVERY night since Troy has been gone, and I have been awake EVERY morning with the kids regardless the time. Tevan has developed another ear infection and has not slept for three nights. Laundry is piling up and the only room in the house that has been kept clean and sanitized is the kitchen as I have had so many cakes to do. I am trying HARD not to complain (or cry), but it has been a very LONG and HARD week. I am grateful Troy has had an opportunity to have a week off, Heaven knows he needs some time by himself. So, I will drag myself back up to the kitchen to remake the carrot cake that flopped and hope that this new recipe is good. I will make a nutritious dinner and get the kids ready for bed. I will go to bed AFTER midnight, again. And, I will be up at the crack of dawn to get everything ready for my big wedding debut tomorrow. I will do this. I will not cry, though I am on the verge of tears. I will finish the laundry in the washer and the dryer. I will do these things because I cannot stand defeat. I will do these things by myself because I have no other choice. I will do these things and PRAY for the strength I need. I will do these things, and the minute Troy gets home, I will fall apart. I am counting down the minutes until he gets here. There are very few, thank heavens!!!

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, jandy. I can relate. Oh boy, can I. You are a trooper and I will pray that the rest of your night goes well. That your cake turns out fabulous and you live until Troy get home!