Friday, November 5, 2010

Laundry

I must admit, this pregnancy has me beat. I lay on the couch most days, wondering what the heck I am doing just laying on couch. It is comfy, I can snooze, and I feel less nauseated while lying there. Nothing in my house gets done...nothing. Heidi, my fab sis in law, came Monday to help clean. She was great. We took down Halloween and got things to where I was not embarrassed to occupy my home. Unfortunately, by Tuesday it was a mess again. Trigger points for me are: the kitchen, cooking or uncooked food, and laundry. Yesterday Troy went out, after the boys declared there were no clean pjs in their drawers, and bought pjs. Four pair. Luckily I had thrown a batch of laundry in sometime during the week and had it on the floor near my desk, waiting to be folded. So, when Troy came home from the store, he was surprised to find the boys in clean pjs. However, I do have some great pjs for Christmas presents now! Late last night I decided I better get some laundry done. I have washed, dried and or folded seven batches now. And, to my surprise, only dry heaved four or five times. I will not let this beat me. The kids have not had sheets on their beds all week, and our sheets have not been changed for three weeks now...keep in mind that because we have all been sick, I have slept on the couch for the last three weeks so I don't have to smell anyone and therefore it is not my responsibility to change those sheets :), or at least that is what I am telling myself! Last night I was up until 5 am with Tevan who was very restless. He wriggled, he cried, he moaned and he boobed about everything. He has some major drainage from his ear, but it is not infected. I am sure it is very uncomfortable for him, so I finally convinced him Ibuprofen was what he needed. I finally cozied in on my couch, quite comfy I might add, and fifteen minutes later I hear, "Mommy, I need a drink." So, we gave drinks, said I love yous and snuggled back down. Then at 7, Troy's alarm blared through the house making it all but impossible to stay asleep. By 9 everyone was awake and it was time to face the day. I miss yesterday's loooong nap. Today I want to climb back on my couch and sleep again. Alas, I must fight the laundry battle, brave the smells of my kitchen and "[wo]man up" to the duties of a mom and wife. I don't want to. I get nauseous thinking about it, but it's not going to do it itself. I have already proven that! I am asking for a favor...if anyone out there has a great and fantastic solution to morning (day) sickness, please let me know. I have tried B6, meklazine, ginger ale, Phenagrin, and all types of mint products. I know that there is a new generic version of Zofran, but when we read about it, it said there was not significant studies done to know the risks of preg women, whatever that means. So, if you have a fantastic cure-all, I would love to get back in my beloved kitchen and cook something delicious!!!!

2 comments:

Brook Wms said...

I feel (felt) your pain.... what you put is exactly how I felt the first 6 months of my pregnancy (so I just got over it)... I have no magic cure, but I had to come to the realization that me taking care of me was way more important than getting things done. True there are times when you have to throw in a batch of laundry for the sake of something clean, but don't stress about "keeping caught up", and by no means are you in any condition to be super mom/wife. Most everything can wait, you will feel better and can think about catching up then :) until then, take all the help that is offered and try not to feel guilty about simply keeping your head above water. good luck :) btw... when are you due?

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry. I wish I was close- I'd cook and clean for you!