The other thing I did today was switch Doctors. I don't generally bad mouth doctors, given my dad's profession, however, a certain Dr. Leavitt's office was a bit savvy if you ask me! The nurses were always cold...like they hated being there. The last visit I went to the office billing guy pulled me into the office to make payment arrangements. I was then handed a paper that I had to sign saying that I would pay every office visit the amount of $700 or right around there. I didn't know what to do, so I had Troy call to speak to him. Troy simply asked if we could reduce the payment to $350 so that it didn't put us in a crunch every month. He said, "Well if you had a $700 plumber's bill, you would pay him." He missed the point. We were not trying to refuse to pay, just make it so that we can afford it! Then he got after us about insurance. I have insurance, but in Idaho, it is crappy self-employed insurance and our deductible is $7500. That is ridiculous but I cannot do anything about it! And I pay a chunk of change for that!!!! Anyway, he then told Troy that if we cannot pay them (finally agreeing to $400), they would sue us. What jerks! They do not know me, they do no tknow that I have NEVER been late on a payment!!! They had no right to threaten me with sueing me...the baby has not even been born yet!!!!!! I am only 10 weeks and they pull this kind of crap! Then, when I called the office to tell them I needed my records transferred and to cancel my apt, she hung up! I wash my hands of them!!! Plus, the new doctor is $600 cheaper...eat that! So, I did do one more good thing today, I saved my family $600 with two phone calls!
Daeson's teacherloves him...he is a great student and she had nothing but good to say about him! Troy was very excited and happy to report that. He get a little rambunctious at times, but what 5 year old boy doesn't. There are 3 small baby letters he cannot recognize, but we will fix that!!! Troy asked if he could start reading and she was excited that we wanted him to this early. I had no idea what they were learning, I am such an outstanding parent these days, but I was thrilled to know that he is doing and learning so much! Great job, Daeson! I sure love you!
2 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry, Jandy! Do you need any good books? I've got several that I know you'd love that I could bring over. :) I'm glad that you figured out your doctor situation. Your parents will be here soon, right? If you need anything in the meantime, let me know.
I'm sorry- I'm glad that you saved your family $600.
Much love going your way Miss Jandy-Lou!
Post a Comment