Troy is feeling much better and he actually loaded the dishwasher last night. HE NEVER does this and proclaims that dishes should be done by hand! But, he did it and I am so grateful he is feeling better. He comes home at 9 to take Tev to school, he picks up at 11. Then he takes Daes at 12 and picks him up at 3. He is so dependable. He has done all the dentist and doctor visits, he has bathed, dressed, brushed the boys' teeth and gets them to bed. PLUS, he works and cooks for us. True it is not the meals that I cook and vegetables and fruits are often left out, but ramen is okay for dinner. I am coming to terms with this. I am still not eating much so I don't really care what they eat. Most of the time it makes me gag anyway! Yesterday I had a mashed potato chicken bowl from KFC, and nothing else until late when I managed a bagel.
I am grateful for those around me who help me and who offer their time in my family's behalf. Troy feels like we are some big needy family....and right now, I can say we are. When the momma doesn't function, the home doesn't function. But I know that this is only temporary. These posts are not for anyone necessarily, but they are for me to remember why we stopped having children. These posts are for me to remember the next time I get the sniffles and I am feeling down, that things are not as bad as they are right now. I am grateful for the honest feelings I have about this pregnancy. It makes it feel real. Although 10 weeks is not very far, I have been sick for over half of them and that makes it seem a lot more. I am hoping by the 20th of Nov I willb e feeling better. Our family is celebrating Thanksgiving that day and I am cooking the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy and two apple pies. I just want to make it through it. That is all. Last night I bummed a phenegrin off my neighbor ( I took it with Tev and it did nothing, but I was desperate last night). Not 10 minutes after taking it, I threw everything up. And, just for future reference, Crystal Light is not the worst thing to throw up. Gross, maybe. helpful? Definitely. I am now 40% excited for this pregnancy. I was 0% Sunday, so that is a huge improvement. I know once things are a bit smoother and things are going better that % will change significantly. I go to the Dr again on the 22nd. This will be my blood work and all that junk visit. I hate getting blood drawn and I hate peeing in a cup. However, I think it will be fun to have the boys hear the heart beat. I am anxious for them to start understanding the baby thing. Daeson gives my belly loves and tells the baby he loves it. He actually wants to name the baby Jesebele. What five year old picks Jesebele? We do have names picked out, but someone from preschool already has taken it, so I will not be sharing until the baby is born. Even though the preschool lady said they are using it, I had it first and I will be using it, too. I love the names we have. Boy and girl alike. The boy will be named after Troy and the girl after me. Those are the only clues you get for now.
If I have ignored you or not called you back, I am sorry. If I have shirked on my duties for callings, I am sorry. If you come to my house and it is a mess, I am sorry...you should have come last Monday! :). I do not feel like talking on the phone, I do not feel like going out of my home, and I do not feel like being too social at this point. So, I am sorry. I just want to lay on the couch, nap and occasionally eat something very bland and flavorless to keep my body working. The good news? No weight gain! Just leveling it all out!
1 comment:
Ah, Jandy. You're doing great. The definition of "your best" varies from day to day. This is something that I've learned the hard way. :) Don't be hard on yourself. A couple months of "horrible" are well worth it for an eternity with a new little person to love and to love you. I attended an amazing meeting where the speaker likened the sacrifice of mothers - through labor and motherhood in general - to that of the Savior for each of us. It was one of the most amazing talks I've ever heard and forever changed my perspective on my role. As you turn to the Lord, He'll help you make it through this hard time. Not necessarily by changing the circumstances, but by changing YOU. Be patient. You are a wonderful wife and a wonderful mother. It doesn't hurt for your family to realize all that you do for them each day either. :)
If you need absolutely anything at all, just give me a call!
Post a Comment