I don't have a habit of praying in public, especially restaurants, but my boys don't even hesitate. I fear that I am offending someone or that people will talk or make fun. However, isn't this something that we should be proud of? Should we not stand up for what we believe and voice it? I am proud of my two children for being able to stand up for what they know is right. I am glad they loudly express appreciation and gratefulness to our Father in Heaven for the things we have. It takes a lot of getting used to, but I am so proud that they do this. I know they might reach a point where they are shy about it, but for right now, my babes know best!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Babes know best
Today we went to the library. We thought we would have enough time to get to the library, come home, make lunch, then take Daeson to school. Not the case. We ran into a good friend of Troy's mom and visited with her for a bit. We left the library with about 35 minutes to get Daeson to school. Troy decided to treat us to Wendy's. We had a good time sitting as a family and visiting for just a bit. When we got our food, Tevan declared that we had forgotten to say the prayer. So he volunteered...he volunteers EVERY meal...and said a wonderful prayer. He has started saying Gracious Father in Heaven and asking for others to feel good and that we can have the Spirit with us. It is so sweet to hear my boys pray. We have said prayers every night for months now...we have missed a few as we are not perfect...but they remind us and they actually get quite upset if we skip. They are good boys and I am lucky they teach me the importance of prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm right there with you- when we are out eating- my kids insist on praying and I'm like "You are right!"
So prayers we give..
Post a Comment