Troy asked me the other day if I was scared or nervous. Yes. I am. I remember how bad it hurts. I remember breathing through each contraction and each push. I remember the ring of fire. I remember the afterbirth pains. I remember the careful care of the 11 stitches. I remember the soreness of lactating. Oh, yes, I remember all of these things. Four years is not enough to forget. I am nervous that I won't be able to keep up on everything. I am nervous that I will go through my postpartum baby blues. I am afraid I will struggle with the lack of sleep. I worry about each of these things. I worry that my boys (including Troy) will feel left out. I worry that I will not be able to handle everything. Yes, I am both nervous and scared. They say you have nine months to prepare...I don't think any amount of time can prepare you for what goes on during birth. With Daeson I expected to die and didn't so I thought it wasn't so bad. With Tevan I thought, "I've done this once, I can do it again." With this one, I am seeing a new doctor and I have no idea how it will be. I have no idea if he will be anything like Dr. Crouch. I have no idea if I get pitocin and power through a four hour delivery. I really struggles with Tevan...I almost caved and got an epidural. I don't want an epidural. I want this to be as natural as my first two. I want to feel everything and experience it like it was meant to be experienced. I don't love the pain, but it is a cool kind of pain. I am just unprepared for that pain...again.
I am so excited to have this baby. I want to be ready for her. I want to have everything I need ahead of time...if you know me well, being prepared is one thing I can do. I don't like that I am not prepared. I am getting tired. The daily tasks of laundry, toilet cleaning, mopping and cooking are about all I can do to keep up. I have sharing time this month and I am too tired to focus and pull a decent lesson together. I know I am not the only woman in the world, or even locally to give birth or to feel this way and that is not the intent of my post. I just want something to look back on and remember why I stopped having children after three. I just want that proof that I was tired, that I was scared and that I did not feel worthy of raising such a sweet spirit. I hope everything goes well the next six weeks. I hope that I will be able to get prepared. I hope that I will be able to get some energy and step it up a notch! Six weeks and five days...sigh!
2 comments:
Oh, Jandy. You worry so much. :) Even if you are not "prepared", she will come anyway and be just as perfect as you hope she will be. Don't forget that with the pain and discomfort, you've given life to another human being and you are bringing them into a home that loves them. That little girl will change your world, but the fabulous will FAR outweigh the tough. Don't be afraid. What you focus on, tends to become your reality. Focus on the beauty of what is to come. It is truly so beautiful. You'll never be able to look into those lovely little eyes or hold her sweet tiny hand without feeling the love of our Heavenly Father. I'm just so excited for you.
I know how you feel about wanting to get extra things done and feeling like you're drowning in the daily. Maybe we can switch off kids a couple of times a week in the mornings. I know my girls love to play with your boys and I'm sure that you could use a little uninterrupted working time. What do you say? Call me tomorrow? Thursday would be great for having your boys come over.
You'll do great! I know you will.
Post a Comment