Monday, April 4, 2011

Conference cupcakes

Every April and October, we are blessed to hear from our Prophet and other Apostles of Christ. This past weekend we were greatly blessed to hear such wonderful talks given by various men and women serving in our church. I was lucky this year and actually got to listen to all four sessions. They were wonderful...and there were a couple of talks that struck me personally. During the last half of the last session, Troy, Daeson, Tev and I made cupcakes. I had some left over frosting from a cake I made so I decided to let the boys decorate some cupcakes hoping it would get the boys involved with conference. It worked. They sat there and decorated the cupcakes after Troy and I frosted them. We then picked a couple of people to randomly deliver cupcakes to. The boys proudly delivered them to the doorstep and wished them a happy Sunday. It was nice and I have to say that Elder Bednar's talk on doing something good inspired me a bit. I need to remember to do good in the world everyday. Sunday we spend some good quality time together and I hope that we did some good in someone's life.

No comments: