Today he was a bit better. He woke up sad and hurting, but now he has perked up. He has so much bottled energy right now it is hard for him to release it. He is happy he gets to play the Wii right now. I was happy he watched a bit of General Conference, but he quickly became bored with it.
It has been very up and down. It has been hard...for everyone. Troy has been very busy and Tevan doesn't quite understand why Daeson cannot wrestle around. I have been exhausted...today being the first day I actually got dressed in normal clothes after my shower. I even applied makeup and have cooked all day. Daeson has attempted to eat normal foods, but it bothers him still. He cannot have crunch foods for another ten days, but he tried fish tacos and a sandwich...being able the eat neither one. He did eat a good helping of cream of wheat today. he no longer has a love of Jello and popcicles don't even taste good anymore. He was thrilled today when he got a bouquet of balloons from Papa Ty and Grandma Cindy. They had candy on the bottom and we found something he could enjoy. He was quite upset and started crying when one of the balloons popped...right after I told him they were going to pop if he got it on the ceiling. He cried hard and felt bad...but felt even worse after his throat started to hurt. He is enjoying them now...he has learned that he gets to look at the fun colors and the pictures on the balloons. He is much happier, too, now that Troy is home. He keeps telling me he is afraid we are going to leave him and I think he is remembering after surgery, waking up and we were not there. He has been scared a lot since Wednesday.
Conference was very uplifting this morning. I don't know who gave the talks since I listened on the radio, but I especially loved the one about being proud to be a mom. It made me feel good. It made me feel happy.
More updates coming later.
1 comment:
Poor Daeson. That is so rough. Sorry we didn't make it over there this week -- I was afraid that with him under the weather, it would be too much to have my girls come visit . . . I'm sorry. I wish I'd known. I should have realized that he would be bored. How about Monday morning we come over for a bit . . . or maybe afternoon -- after we out in for the ultrasound! :) Good luck with the healing. Poor Daeson!
Post a Comment