Thursday, March 31, 2011

Post surgery day 2

The boys, for the most part feel great. Last night I woke up every three hours to give Daeson his pain meds and a drink so his throat didn't dry out. He slept really well in between. I wish I could say the same :)! This morning the boys played. Well, Daeson played as much as I would let him. Tevan has been a wild child running around, playing, singing and being 3....he is passed out in his bed for a much needed nap. Daeson is on the couch watching a movie. We read a couple of chapter books today. He liked that. We read Captain Underpants and Ook and Gluk written by the same author. He has been wanting to read them for some time, but I was saving them for this week. He wants me to go to the library to borrow The Magic Treehouse. I guess they are reading it in class and he is going to miss the ending. I may have to run over there tomorrow.

For the most part they are healing. Daeson has tried to sneak some tortilla chips and some french toast, but we caught him before he could do any damage. He does really like pureed chicken noodle soup...he has eaten two cans already and is asking for more. So far today he has had a Pediasure, Jello, gogurt, chicken noodle soup, two popcicles, juice boxes,water, and of course his meds. He is doing remarkably well for just having surgery!

I have decided ears heal a lot faster than throats!

No comments: