Monday, March 28, 2011

When it rains...

Friday we went south for my nephew's 2nd birthday party. We enjoyed ourselves and had a good time. On the way home, my aunt called to tell me my Grandma was not doing well. She had fallen, was lethargic and had a temperature of 103.4. She had tried to get ahold of my dad, but they were at the movie. So I texted, called, texted and finally got my dad to respond. He said Gram needed to go to the hospital. I asked my dad to call my aunt. They admitted her in the hospital that night.
At four Saturday morning, I got a text from my friend, Kara. it read "5lb13oz". She delivered seven weeks...or rather six and a half weeks early! I had just talked to her that night at 7 and she felt great. Her water had broken and she was dialated to a five. They could not stop the labor due to the loss of amniotic fluid. So, she delivered a baby boy. He is in the hospital for a few more weeks and she is doing great. I laid awake the rest of the morning praying and crying for this new little baby and for my Grandma.

I had two cakes due for Saturday at noon. I am helping a friend with her senior project and she came over to help. I was exhausted. My head ached and I was barely coherent. I got the cakes finished just about five minutes after she came to pick them up. They turned out and I will post them as soon as I load them on the computer. We headed out of town about two thirty to visit Gram. When we got there, my aunt D and her kids were there. I had picked up Jaden and after being there a little while, the nurse came in to tell us we needed to let her get some sleep. We left and I was happy to see that she was doing better. She looked a lot better than she had and she sounded better, too. The doctor diagnosed her with diverticulitis and it was inflamed and her body was infected. She should get out of the hospital tomorrow.

I had sharing time Sunday morning, and I had not prepared it in advance like I should have. I had ten minutes to get it ready Sunday morning. I was planning a bit more time, but I had to clean the living room due to some visitors coming over. (This particular story will follow when ever I am granted permission to share it). I rushed around frantic and we made it to sacrament meeting during the opening song. The only seat left was the front row...right in front of the bishopric. Needless to say, I did not get my cutting and pasting done. I did have Daeson color the things that needed colored...but that was as much as I got away with. I think the stress and weight of the world caught up to me because during the rest song, I started shaking and bawling. I have no idea why and I could not pull myself together. Finally I gathered my thoughts and I was able to compose myself. Sharing time went fine. I needed five more minutes to get through it all, but better over on the lesson than short. It was the last sharing time I am in charge of until the month of May. Then I have the four weeks there. Then I am done until August.

Last night my mom called me to tell me that her sister, Lindy, fell and got banged up pretty badly. She stepped wrong after church and fell under a parked car. They had to move the car to get her out...she broke ribs and hurt her shoulder really bad. Then her hands collected a ton of gravel. She is out of commission for eight weeks. I was glad it wasn't worse.

The kids go into surgery Wednesday morning at six. I know it will be fine, but I am stressing out about it anyway. I always get nervous when my kids have something done to them. So, if you have an extra few minutes in your prayers, say one for my kiddos. :) They don't seem to care. Tevan is a bit more scared than Daeson. Daeson is just happy he gets to eat Jell-o every day. I have had six people tell me horror stories this week about tonsils...they could have waited until AFTER the surgery! But, they will be fine. I have total faith in their doctor.

Our car is officially up for sale if you know anyone looking for a Pacifica. We are asking 9.5K for it. It is a great car, but we need something a bit bigger.

Lots of stuff going on in our family. I feel bad because the counselor over Primary stopped to talk to me about baptisms yesterday at church. After the conversation, he said, "You look really excited Sister Grover" and I replied, "I don't get excited about much anymore Brother Havens." I feel bad for saying that, but I really don't get too excited. I am tired. I am still recovering from this stupid cough thing. I am getting large...this baby is growing big! I am worn out. But, some of my prayers are starting to get answered which renews my faith. I am grateful for trials because they help us grow stronger...I just wish they were spread out a little. I know that the stress is getting to Troy, too. But we will pull through. I know we will. It could be a lot worse! Like I have said in the past, everyone is faced with different trials at different times. That is what builds us up and brings us closer to our Heavenly Father.

So if you get a chance, pray for baby Jace, my Grandma Tom, my Aunt Lindy and my boys. I know that is asking a lot, but I would really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Nope, asking someone to pray for you is not asking too much. And prayers work!!

Good luck Wednesday!