Daeson was brought in after Tevan had calmed down and for this I am very grateful! He was very disoriented and he was very, very upset. His throat hurt and he wanted his IV out. The nurse came in to give him hydrocodone and it took about 45 minutes to kick in. After this, he ate a popcicle and was able to have his IV out. After that it did not take long for us to get ready and check out of the surg center. Daeson and Tevan both were happy to get home.
After we had been home for a while, Daeson told me that when he woke up he was kicking and hitting everyone because he was so scared. I told him that his IV and medicines can make us do funny things and that the nurses understood. He felt really bad about it. He has eaten frozen yogurt, ice chips, applesauce, mashed potatoes (I know this was supposed to wait a couple days, but I was asleep when he was given them), and I even sneaked in some baby food...don't tell him that! Tonight he is hungry and all he wants is a crunchy shell taco. I gave him some applesauce and he said he wasn't going to eat it. As I sit here watching him, he is eating it. I don't think he wants me to know he is eating it. He has been watching Pokemon almost all day. I thought for sure he would have taken a nap, but neither one has. Troy let me take a good long nap because I have to get up every three hours to administer pain medication. This is something we really want to keep up on and the dr said for the first 24 hours not to miss a dose. Troy was a bit delayed in giving him his last dose and Daeson's throat started to hurt. I think Troy is paranoid giving our kids pain meds, but it is something I am very strict on. Kids should not have to be in pain after something like this.
I struggled tonight with what to make for dinner. Quite frankly I did not want to cook. It has been a very long day and cooking was the last thing on my mind. Troy was headed out to get me a SnakeBite hamburger with waffle fries and delicious fry sauce, but he got called into work just as he was leaving. So I made myself a salad and Tevan wanted noodles. Now the tricky part...trying to find Daeson something that he wants to eat.
Bed time will be a very welcome tonight by all. I am glad it is over...I know the next couple days are going to be hard. He will be sore. He will be sad and I know he will be upset at me for everything. This is what it is to be a mom. Yup...it is always our fault.
Thank you to all those who said prayers on our behalf. It was kind of you. I know I have said a ton of prayers since Friday night. I know He hears them and I know He is answering them. Have a good night...and if you have a super easy fuss free dinner recipe...I could sure use some help right now. I am beat...tired and worn out. This baby seems to be growing quickly and she seems to have it in for me. I feel like I am being torn apart inside some days. My ligaments and my joints HURT. I decided it is a lot harder to be prego at 31 than 25. I commend all those who have babies later in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment