Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sick boy...and mamma

So my weekend to go see Grandma and to do a bit of scrapbooking has been canceled due to unexpected sicknesses. Last night we took the kids to see Rango...pretty cute but a lot of adult content. Anyway about half way through, Tevan started to get wheezy and started to cough. So, we got home, bathed them, got them ready for bed and I did a breathing treatment on Tev. All night he wheezed, tossed and turned, and finally came to get me about 3. I did another treatment on him hoping it would open things up a bit so he could rest. We headed to his bed and I watched him sleep for a good portion of the next hour. When Troy left at 4 we went to my bed where I tried to prop him up.He didn't improve. I got up at 7 to get ready to pick up our bountiful basket and got Daeson ready. I pulled Tevan out of bed and took him wrapped up in blankets. After we picked up our basket we headed to community care where they tested him for RSV. The test came back negative and we were told we just had to wait it out. Really? He can barely breathe! While I was there, I started to get tight in my chest and I started coughing. Great. Sick mamma and sick boy! Troy and Daeson are avoiding the house today. They went out car shopping and to get some fresh air. As for Tevan and I, we are hangin' out downstairs with the movies and relaxing. I am slathered in Vicks...Tevan gets a rash when he tries to put it on...and I don't think it is doing much for me. We have our box of tissues and humidifier going. Maybe we will feel better tonight, but the PA told me it would take at least a week to feel better. Sigh...I think we will skip sacrament mtg tomorrow and just do sharing time. Maybe if I ask Troy, he will do it for me...yeah, probably not! This is my month though, so I don't want to bail out. Rest today...sharing time tomorrow.

No comments: