We looked in Daeson's throat today for the first time...GROSS! It's all white and swollen, puffy and just gross. I tried not to pull a face, I didn't want to scare the poor kid, but I think I might have failed. Even as I type my lip curled up just thinking about it. No wonder his throat hurts. No wonder he is dying for his pain meds every three hours. Yuck. We are still fighting him at night to take his pain med, but during the day he does okay. It's a battle. I have been very patient up until last night. I just couldn't handle the battle. I tried everything...bribes, trips to the library, games, books...nothing worked. Finally, I lost it. I am not proud by any means that I lost it, but I did. It was three something, I was super tired, and I just lost it. I had to call Troy in. He was able to get Daeson calmed down and back to sleep. Then I felt so bad that it took me another two hours to fall asleep...only to have the alarm go off an hour later. Tev woke up and told me it was almost "good morning". He watched the sun come up and has been running since. I did get a minuscule back rub as he was watching the sun come up. Ya gotta love the backrubs when you can get em!!
Tomorrow I go in for my check up. I have had a ton of Braxton Hicks...I know that is all they are...but I get them daily and I hate them. I wish they would stop. I made a list of things for Troy to do. Daeson and I did a rough count today and we figure this baby will be here in about 67 days. That is not very far...not at all. So I should be getting more done today than I have. I should be getting closets gone through and clothes organized. I should be washing walls and windows. I should be vacuuming and dusting every nook and cranny and I should be painting trim so we can finish this mess. I should be doing all of those things but I won't. I am going to take a day off, I will get some of it done tomorrow. I will get some of it done next week. Who am I kidding? I will be doing most of it right before the baby comes, it will put me into labor and I will have to finish some of it after the baby comes. What I should be doing is much different than what what I am doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment