Today I cleaned the main bathroom and finished the boys' room. I made lists of things each room needed and what I needed Troy to do. I have a 50 gal tote full of junk to get rid of. It feels so good to declutter and to get rid of unnecessary items. I will continue spring cleaning next week. I need to go through the coat closet tonight and go through our 72 hour kits. I really dread this. It seems so difficult to do...not really, but how do you fit everything in the backpack for emergencies? It is a scary thought to think that we actually might have to USE the stuff in the packs, but it is better to be prepared and never use it than unprepared and need one.
I am looking forward to next weeks cleaning...Troy's office, the laundry/storage room and the dreaded kitchen cupboards. I should buy stock in Lysol...I am sure I will earn my money back when I am through with this house. I am trying to decide if I should buck up and paint the kitchen while I am at it. Not the cupboards or anything of that nature, just the kitchen walls. They have never been painted while I have lived here and it would be nice to change it up a bit. Eight years is a LONG time to look at the same dingy paint. I have never like the yellow that is on the walls. It would be nice, especially since we put the window-hole in the wall and you can see through to the kitchen, to get a fresh coat and color on those walls. Lots to do, but luckily I have some time to do it. I am a bit more prepared for the baby now so I am not stressing out about it.
So after next week I will be so glad to look around and see all the hard work. I hope my windows and walls are gleaming. The toilets are right now sparkling and the bathrooms do not wreak of boy smells, but of Lysol. Just a little elbow grease :)
2 comments:
I LOVE Spring Cleaning too! It feel SO good to get rid of stuff. Looks like you are doing a good job!
Nice! I think I should follow your example this week. How fabulous that would feel! Good job.
Post a Comment