Tevan was in my room the other morning after I showered and while looking questionably at my stomach asked, "So, how does the baby get out of your tummy, Mom?" I replied, "The Dr takes it out." He said, "Oh, okay mom!" and ran off. Whew! I thought his three-year-old brain would ask much more. I got lucky there!
Two mornings ago the boys and I were sitting on my bed after we had all woken up. Tevan asked where I go a scratch. Then he went on to tell Daeson and I all about his scratches and bruises. He said, "I got these scratches from when I went to Planet X. There are guys with two heads and X-ray machines. They got these scratches for me." Can you tell he was learning about the letter X in preschool?
The other day I was a bit upset at the kids. I finally told them to stop being brats. Tevan piped up and said, "Mom, you have to call me something that starts with a T." So I said, "Fine, you little turd!" He thought for a moment and then replied, "That's better Mom, T for Tevan and T for Turd!"
I was helping in Daeson's class yesterday and this little girl was looking at a sea/ocean book. She said to Mrs. Andrews and I, "Did you know that salami comes from the sea?" I said, "Salami?" She said, "Yes, salami." Mrs. Andrew said that she didn't think this little girl knew what she was saying. So we asked again, "Salami?" She relied in all seriousness, "Yes, salamis come out fo the sea and on to the shore and gets everything all wet." We smiled and said, "Oh, you mean tsunamis!" The little girl replied, "Yes, salamis, that is what I said!"
I love what little kids say. I love that they are so innocent and sweet. I think I should write more often when something cute is said, but I forget. I think that I often block out what my kids are saying, but then when I really listen, I end up chuckling for hours at what they say!
1 comment:
Love it. And I'm so happy that you are shaped like a "B"..too funny!
Post a Comment