Thursday, February 21, 2008
Man Colds
Okay, so I think I am going to vent a little in this Blog...BEWARE!! I don't know how many of you have husbands or boyfriends and have been around them when they are sick, but I just have one thing to say...BABIES!!!!! I have been sick now for three weeks, I have taken care of two very sick children, painted my basement with the help of my awesome friend Barb, and have managed to keep a pretty clean house. I have made breakfast, lunch, and dinner almost every day, I have done laundry, swept and mopped the floors... I am not proclaiming wonder woman, just WOMAN. I am a Mom, that is what I do. I push my sickness aside and I do what has to be done. Troy...he has been sick for two days now and it seems as if the world is going to END. He even asked me to open the stinking NyQuil bottle because he couldn't get it. He has been in bed, aside from "helping" with the kids while I was painting. I guess if you can count movies and screaming "helping". He has missed work since Monday, and has no desire to do anything. Now...my question is this: How can men, who are supposed tp be strong, be so weak? Why is it okay for them to give up on life when they are sick, yet we keep chugging along. We get our daily chores done and yet, those with small children, manage to be up all night with the wee ones. Only to do it all the next day, expectingly to have smiles on our faces. So, to those of you who will have a sick boyfriend or husband sick this year, I am sooo very sorry that you have to go through the MAN COLD. Hang in there, the sun usually comes out tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So funny that you are blogging about this because at the moment my hubby is taking a nap.... that's right a nap. When his has the day off he asks me if he can take a nap (even though he knows i'd rather he helped me) but, I am nice and say sure. Well today I actually said no... and i noticed he was pouting... so I said are you mad at me that i won't let you take a nap... he says, I so tired............ are you kidding me. I am tired all day everyday. How would it be? I almost never complain but, you got me to thinkin it's okay once in awhile. Good luck with you sick hubby... hang in there!
Post a Comment