What a night!!! Our family was supposed to go to the 2nd Annual Grover winter mini vacation yesterday, but due to the weather and Troy being gone all day, we decided it best to go today...Friday. But here we are, it is 5:35 a.m. and Troy is in the ER with Daeson. Let me back up a bit. I was chopping veggies and doing dishes at midnight, then Daeson woke up crying. So I went into his room to hold him. With the help of a movie, I finally got him settled down and remained in his room until Tevan woke up. I went to Tevan's room, nursed him, and finally got him put back to sleep. I wasn't in bed 20 minutes when Daeson woke up again... SCREAMING that he didn't want ear drops. This is the first ear ache he has had since we put the tubes in Nov. 2006. I made Troy get up with him, after all I was going on 20 minutes of "sleep." I call that mom sleep. We were given ear drops for times like these, but Daeson refused to let them near his ear. I also figured if it was an ear infection that he should probably get started on an antibiotic to clear things up. So, Troy decided to take him in. All he needed was the insurance card. INSURANCE CARD? WHERE IS MY WALLET????? Oh yeah, I left it in the cart at WinCo when I did the last minute shopping. CRAP! So, we searched for a phone number...UNLISTED! I called 411 and they gave me the same number I already tried...fax machine!!! I am really praying for help by now. Troy looked it up on the computer for a third time and got a number. Well, Heather answered the phone and told me the customer service desk was closed until 9. So what did I do? I did what I am best at in these situations...I cried. I told her my insurance card was in there and my little boy had to go to the ER and I didn't know what else to do. She must have been a mommy herself because she put me on hold and went to look for it. There it was. Hallelujah!!!! Troy was THRILLED to have to get it from WinCo...did I mention that it is SUPER cold outside? But he picked it up and headed for EIRMC ER. He called to ask me Daeson's birthdate, but other wise has done well.
But now I have a whole new worry. Recently a member of my family had their identity stolen. Money remains missing from their account, and what do I do? I leave my wallet in the WinCo cart with pictures, debit cards, credit card, account cards, insurance cards, and my driver's license with my address on it. How could I be sooo foolish? I would like to make an excuse, but it is not the first time I have done that. Mommy's brain has gone to mush, I am afraid.
Unfortunately, I think we have decided to not go to the cabin...atleast that is what Troy said as he was walking out the door! The crappy part is that I have most of the food...or atleast part of 2 breakfasts and a complete lunch. We were so looking forward to this trip. Everyday for the past week, Daeson has asked if that day was the day we were "doeing to dah tabin". Snowmobiles, food, crafts, and the pleasure of being with family. We may still decide to go...the sun will come out tomorrow...unless you live in IDAHO!! The wind is howling right now. And right now the thing I am most grateful for is that Tevan is sleeping. Soundly. I pray that Daeson will be okay and that things will get better. As for me, I am going to get some more laundry done...I can't sleep with my baby #1 and husband in the ER and out on the roads. As for blogging at 5 in the morning...AM I CRAZY???? Probably.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment