Sunday, June 15, 2008

Be careful what you wish for...

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true. If you read the last part of my latest blog, I wrote that I wanted released from my calling. I am not even sure why I typed that, but I just got off on a tangent. I got a phone call this morning about 9:30 am from the Exec. Sec. telling me the Bishop wanted to talk to me. So I went in and after visiting for a minute, he issued me a release. Maybe last night HE was preping me for today. I am not sure. But, my name had been submitted for another calling...I cannot say what it is as it was not issued, I was just interviewed for it. I am not sure what to think. My mind is unsure of what is going on around me. I am barely staying afloat and I know that another calling...especially of that magnitude...would be very time consuming and put additional stress on my family. Troy voiced his opinion (I later went in for another meeting with Troy...like an interview for him) and the Bishop decided maybe he should hold off on the calling. He said he would be in touch and that Heavenly Father loves us very much.
I kinda knew earlier what he was going to talk to me about, and I have not had a feeling one way or another all day. However, in RS today a quote really stood out to me and it brought me to tears. It read, "No matter what may come upon you, round up your shoulders and bear it, and always sustain and defend the interests of the Church and Kingdom of God." Was that really talking to me? I don't know. But it still stands in my mind. Yes it is true that I am barely staying afloat and I have a lot on my plate right now, but I want to do what the Lord wants me to do. I have a very good friend who lives in Rexburg, she has two children and she has been called as RS Pres. She is amazing to me and I look up to her with much admiration. I don't know how she stays so calm and collected, but she does and she has the happiest disposition. ???????? I know the Lord loves me and He knows what is best for me. I just have to figure that out and decide to be happy. Prioritize...that is what I need. And FlyLady!!! :) We will see what happens, until then I won't hold my breath...

3 comments:

K. Lou said...

Hey there. I wish there was an easy and fast way to wipe up all the messes and get your list of stuff done more efficiently. When I figure it out, I will let you know. My heart hurts for you right now. I wish we could be there to give you a big hug of encouragement. The Lord loves you and is mindful of everything you are going through. Trust in Him! You will make the right choice. We sure love you and will pray for you!

K. Lou said...

And by the way--i might have to steal some of your songs for my playlist...great stuff!

Kayla said...

Well it's always easier said than done to "round up our shoulders and bear it". I wish it was easier sometimes! But we all have different trials and go through in different times in our lifes - but I too know that Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy! It'll all work out - just takes time! I love you Jandy! I'm so happy you're my sister!!!!