Today is my mom's birthday. She was born on Friday, June 13...1958. Yup this year she is the big FIVE-OOOHHH!! Actually I feel really lucky to have parents as young as I do. I have friends with parents in their 70's, so, yeah, I am lucky.
I have never seen someone so dedicated to their children as my mom. She had four kids in six years and did a fine job raising us. She had hard times and had to do it on her own...mostly without family around. We moved a lot and she adjusted...it was a hard thing to do. She always helped with our projects and taught us to do all different types of things. I feel really lucky to have her in my life. When she was just twenty years old, she had heart surgery and was told not to have any more children...she had three more and I am sure glad. Elder Nelson of the Twelve performed her surgery and I think that has something to do with her being here with us today. We love you, Mom!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
No comments:
Post a Comment