Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Tevan!!!!!

Happy Birthday, Tevan!! We are so happy you are in our little family!! I cannot believe that you are one already...time flies! You have had a rough little life and I am so proud that you have made it thru all your surgeries and sickness. You mean the world to me, and I love you so, so much! You add excitement and laughter to our family. Daeson and Daddy love you, too.

I was quite pleased with the way the party went. Grandma Grover (Troy's dad's mom), Peggy, Kayla, Adalyn, Mieley, Heidi, Brad, Barbara, Austin, Cameron, Brother Gallup, Mahana, Troy, Daeson, Tevan and I were all there. Thank you to all of you who made it. We went to the new playground behind Funland at Tautphus Park. It is a great play area and it had a shelter we were able to use for the party. After the kids played, we ate cake and opened presents. I had a great time making his cake. I was sorely disappointed that the clowns melted in the heat. Bummer. It is a good thing I took pictures of the cake on the way there. We stopped at Jack in the Box for the kids a small lunch and actually won tickets to Taste of Idaho from Z103. They just happened to be giving away tickets in front of Smith's. It was a special treat for Troy and I. We have wanted to go, but tickets are $25 each. It was so nice to be able to go. Our cute little neighbor girl watched the boys. Troy and I hopped on the bike and went. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. They had a live band and a ton of people. It was a great day. I felt bad leaving Tevan on his birthday, but I think he might understand. :)





This is one of the four clowns. I had a great time making them. But already he was starting to sag.






Here is a side view of the cake. It had four clowns and four circus animals: seal, elephant, lion, and bear. Tevan was so excited when he saw it. He tried to grab it and squealed for joy. That made me feel good.

Tevan did not like getting his hands dirty or sticky. He hardly ate any of the cake. I was hoping for a real mess, but he just got a little messy on his hands and face. It was still cute and HE is so funny to watch all the expressions.









This is one of the cool toys at the park. Tevan sat on it and Grandma Blue turned him round and round. He loved it!! The turf was too hot for him to crawl on, so I am glad he had a toy that would work for him.


Tevan got so many great gifts, Thanks everyone!! He didn't quite get the open the present part, but he had a lot of good helpers. We got everyone a ride ticket. Troy and Tevan rode the Ferris Wheel with Daeson and Austin. Brother Gallup and Mahana rode the octopus, Cameron, Tevan, and I rode the train. Daeson, Mahana, and I rode the octopus; Adalyn and Mieley rode the carousel horses. We had fun, I hope the kids did too. Here is Troy and Tevie.


Austin and Daeson did really good on the Ferris Wheel. I personally hate the Ferris Wheel, and I was scared Daeson would bail. But, they did really great.




Tevan and I had fun on the train. Everyone was standing by the gate, waiving. Everytime we went around, he watched them and smiled. As soon as we were no longer facing them, he would start waiving. I am not sure what he was waiving at, or if it just took that long to get it processing...it was adorable!!!

The octopus was a love hate ride for me. And yes, for all of you wondering, those are tears. I really cried on the ride because I was laughing so hard...and crying because I hated it. It was fun though and I would do it again.



2 comments:

Mandi Ward said...

That is an awesome cake. You are very talented. If you don't mind me asking what did Tevan have surgeries for. Glad things are going good though.

Kayla said...

Thanks for the fun party! We all enjoyed it! And the cake looked awesome even if the clowns were sagging by the time we ate it!

I can't believe I missed the tears from the octopus ride. Now I wish I would of stayed for that! How funny!