Saturday, June 14, 2008

Partied out

Today was the big party day. It started out chaotic and ended in the same. I got up this morning to make two sheet cakes and finish the BBQ beef. Then I had to get two kids fed and ready to go. Troy ended up finishing early today, so he was here and able to help me a bit. I tried to find something to wear, but nothing looked good. Troy decided to take me shopping for some sandals and a new pair of capris. We found some darling sandals and some cute capris...and it only took one store!!! That is a first. I told Troy I wanted to get him a couple of different things for Father's Day, but he had to pick which one. I told him I wanted to get him a Wii or a season golf pass. He decided the Wii would be more fun, but we couldn't find one. Bummer. But, we should be able to find on next week. I think we are all excited about that. We never played our XBox, but I LOVE the tennis on the Wii...and there is a fun cow riding game Daeson likes. So, after looking but not finding a Wii, we finished errands and I frantically loaded the van. Katie, my cousin, rode with us to my mom and dad's partay.

We had a good turn out. For my mom's sake, I will try to name everyone who came. Max and Jan Shaffer, Dannette Shaffer, Ernie and Sue Moser, Dee, Eli, Tucker, Miki, Kip, Mitzi, Shailee, Shade, Shawntel, Shalese, Shad, Grandma Smith, Grandma and Grandpa Lish, Lindy, Ron, Aunt Virginia, Darrold, Cheryl, Lyle and Karen Scow, Rick and Teresa Jackman, Chad Rindlesbacher, Kalene Larson, Justin and Hailey, Jesse, Carlie, and Brooke, Jaden, Troy, Daeson, Tevan, myself, Bruce Bowers and girls...I hope I didn't forget anyone. We really had a great time; however, there were twenty-five more who RSVPed and didn't come. We had a ton of left over food!!! I think my parents had a good time at their fiftieth birthday suprise party. My brothers did a great job helping. We suprised them with a cruise. Yup, my parents are going to Cabo SanLucas and Ensanada in November for four days. I am happy to have them as my parents. We love you both!!

After cleaning up the church, I loaded things once again in the van, drove to IF (going as fast as I dare), unloaded the van from that party and loaded it again for the bridal shower. I am so glad Katie was here to help me. Troy was asleep in the back and was not about to wake up to help. I was irritated that I had to get everything done myself and as a result, I had to turn around twice and come back to the house for things forgotten. But, we made it to Rexburg via Ririe a half hour late. I missed most of the shower. But, they waited to do the presents until I arrived. She got a lot of great things. I also got to meet my soon-to-be-brother-in-law, Brad. He seems like a good guy.

We got everything put away, made more messes, cleaned up, made more messes...the cycle never ever ends. My kids have not been in bed before 11 pm the last three nights and they are just wiped out. Troy, of course, went to bed as soon as we got home. I unloaded and vacuumed the van (pretzels and chips make a terrible mess). The boys are sleeping and I am trying to decide if I should wait until tomorrow to clean, or if I should do it now. I am so tempted to wait. My eyelids are getting heavy. I know I should probably get it done tonight because tomorrow is Sunday, but Ithink I will wait.

I have a ton of stuff left on my to-do list and I hope that next week I can get it all done. My list seems to get longer and LONGER. Do you ever have the days where you just don't want to be home because it is easier to be away than to look at the messes and get discouraged? I promised myself that I am jumping back on the FlyLady wagon and start Monday. She is good for me and I slack way too much. So, maybe tomorrow I will just relax and let things slide one more day. I am so tempted to hire someone to do the little things that I never get to. Just once it would be nice to have someone else do the cleaning. I am just wiped out...tired of doing too many things. I would like to be released from my calling because I have done it for three years and it takes up a ton of time, but I will continue doing it. I must not have it right yet. And it keeps me going to church on those days that it seems like an unbearable task to sit thru 3 hours of church by myself. It is getting harded now that Tevan is active. He wiggles and does not want to sot still during Sac mtg, and then in SS he usually falls asleep...RS he is up again and wanting to play and jabber. Troy says church is my free time...but I am not seeing the freedom of chasing two small kids around for three hours. I think it is just his excuse not to come. Maybe one day Troy will be active...I am not holding my breath by any means, but MAYBE one day. It would sure make my life easier!!! There are times that I question why I am putting myself thru all of this, but I know that it is the true church. I know that my Savior loves me and died for me upon the cross. I am not perfect and I will be the first to admit that...but I can sure try to do the right things. I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father and I know they love me. It gives me hope to know that one day I might be able to live with them. What a great day that would be.

Well, I am headed off to bed to get some sleep...much needed sleep. I will have to load pictures tomorrow and put them on. I got some good ones. Good night and sleep well my friends!!

No comments: