Wednesday, June 11, 2008

We made it back!!!

Well, we made it back finally last night. ( I actually started this Wednesday) Pictures are going to have to wait, but I will do a quick run through of the trip.

Monday, June 2, 2008: I was up all night Sunday packing to leave. I think I crawled into bed about 3 and then the boys were up at 7. I worked on laundry and left some clothes to dry in the back seat of the van. The trip there was pretty good. I stocked up on treats (crackers, cheese, raisins, goldfish, etc.) and we only stopped three times before we got to Boise. I had the GPS, so I was feeling pretty confident that I would not get lost. We stayed with our good friends, Harley and Kelly and their two kids, Brayden and Kayla. We took the kids swimming at the pool near their house and the kids had a blast. Even Tevan did pretty good. He only went under a few times. :) I was glad I had a good grip on him. We then went back to their house and Kelly had made some really great food...alfredo, garlic bread, and broccoli. Tevan had three servings. Daeson was WAY too BUSY to eat. But, he managed a couple of bites here and there. After we got the kids to bed, Kelly and I watched Mad Money and then went to bed.

Tuesday, June 3, 2008: We were up early...well, Tevan and I. I showered before Daeson stirred and got ready. We were actually gone right around 10. The kids got to play and again, Kelly made really yummy french toast for breakfast...delicious! The kids were sad when we had to leave, but Daeson was excited to see his Dramma Cindy and Papa Ty. I cheated and gave them Benadryl before we left. It didn't work on Daeson, but Tevan slept for a couple of hours. I felt guily giving it to them, but I knew we had a long drive. The drive went really well though. I was shocked. We arrived at my Dad's office right about 3 pm. Daeson was just falling asleep...wouldn't ya know? But he was so happy that we were with Grandpa. We made great time getting there. I even suprised my dad. After we saw him for a minute, we went out to the house. It is just a couple miles out of town, but it seemed like it took forever. My mom was really glad to see us. Daeson had to check everything out and Tevan immediately gave my mom hugs and kisses. I unloaded while the kids were playing. Then we got back into the van and went into town. Volcanic Farms brings their fruits, vegetables, and homemade pies into town on Tuesdays and sells them...it was well worth the trip. The raspberry pie was delicious!!! We later went to Barb's Cafe to eat. That too was yummy. Then bed time. I was so glad to get to bed, and I think the kids were too.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008: My dad took a couple horses to the vet in the morning, so we just kinda hung around. I ran a couple errands with Tevan and Daeson stayed with my mom. My dad found out one of his horses has to be put down because of it's arthritis in his joints. It is always a sad thing when that happens. The other horse has lice...GROSS. But the poor thing is really sick with it. Did you know that the lice is carried thru birds? Ya, crazy. So, it was a sad turn out fot the horses, but atleast the one should get better soon. About 4 pm we got into the van and went to Lewiston. I drove there and then dad drove home. We had to pick up some shingles for my dad's shed he is building. Troy and I just had shocks replaced on the van and I am sooo glad. We stuffed the van FULL of shingles...my dad said it was about a ton...2000 pounds! We barely fit. Then we went to a cowboy store where my dad and mom bought the kids the CUTEST boots. This is Daeson's third pair of boots, and Tevan's first. They look adorable in them, and Daeson just beams. Then we went to Costco and ate at Pizza Hut. I took the kids' pjs with us and changed them in the Pizza Hut bathroom (that was a challenge and I think that my mom was getting flustered), but we did it, got back into the van, and the kids fell asleep...I think Daeson might have been awake, but Tevan was out. I bought invites while in Lewiston or Clarkston (whichever we were in) and stayed up making them out. It was nice to finally get to bed...Daeson made my mom read to him, and he continuously got out of bed. I had no idea because I was in bed and thought that he was too. But she was a great sport and stayed up with him. Thanks Mom!!!


Thursday, June 5, 2008: HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKIE!!! My niece turned 3 today, we love you Brooke!! The days all ran together, so I think this is what we did??...We went to the Post Office and it rained. I think this is the day we went grocery shopping too. I am not sure, but I think so. Mom got a birthday cake and Daeson blew out the candles. It rained some more, and more. In fact, it rained so much that the mud was about one foot deep.


Friday, June 6, 2008: It rained more, Daeson enjoyed Dora and Diego (since we don't have TV in our home, he thought this was great...except when a commercial came on, then we had a bit of drama), and I worked on my FHE packets for enrichment. I have to get a move on them or I will never get them done!! My letters are N, M, O, Z. So I chose to do Nine Be Attitudes, Mission Work, Obedience, and Zion. So if any of you have ideas for a lesson, song, scripture, treat and activity for any of those, let me know. :)

Saturday, June 7, 2008: My dad went to a farm auction after he got off call. Daeson and I went out there while Tevan was asleep. It rained some more. We were only out there a short time. We came back and I started to pack. I wanted to go to Lewiston to get some things done, but we didn't go. I was going to leave this day, but after my dad threw a fit, I decided to wait until Monday....See dad, I DO listen to you. But, I got some things tied up and put away so I wouldn't have to do it all later.


Sunday, June 8, 2008: Happy Birthday to...ME. Yup, the big 28. Daeson went to church with my mom and dad, I stayed home with Tevan who was taking a much needed nap. I read in the Janette Oke series, Love Comes Softly, and enjoyed myself. I also packed some more. It was a beautiful day so I took Tevan out to see the horses. Daeson, Mom and Dad got home, and I walked down to get him. Dad, Daeson, Tevan and I then walked back up to see the horses and the boys even sat on a couple. Tevan didn't like it much. Daeson loved it until the horse started moving and my dad yanked him off. He didn't like it much after that. Mom was busy making a dinner...we took it to the park and had a picnic...hamburgers, salad, beans, watermelon and corn on the cob...YUMMO!!! We played croquet and the boys played on the play ground. There were a bunch of big kids...like teenagers...who took over. I was annoyed because Daeson couldn't play without getting ran over. I was really bugged. Anyway, we soon packed up and headed home. I got the kids bathed and ready for bed.


Monday, June 9, 2008: I had to get my brakes checked in the morning, then I did laundry and packed everything. I couldn't get it in the van, but it was ready to go. Mom ran me in to get the van, I ran to the store to get snacks for the trip, and loaded the van. We met Dad for lunch at Paleques ( a pretty good mexican rest) and headed out. We drove to Boise, I hit right at rush hour, but did okay. We arrived to Kelly and Harley's at about 7 pm and was glad to be there. The boys did pretty good...or not. Daeson managed to pee his pants five minutes before I could stop, and somehow Tevan peed thru but his diaper was dry. Go figure??? But other than peed in car seats and a cranky mom (me), we did okay. Kelly made some really great lasagna. It was so yummy. Then we ran to Old Navy so I could get Fourth of July shirts for the boys. They are pretty cute and I am excited to see the boys in them. It was a bit harded to get the kids to sleep tonight because of our late arrival. Daeson would not go to sleep to save his life. Tevan did okay. Harley, Kelly and I played tennis on the Wii. I love it!!! It was fun.


Tuesday, June 10, 2008: We got up, ate and headed out to Babies R Us. i found a new diaper bag and a couple new rompers for Tevan for summer...if it ever gets nice. We ate at Carl's Jr and let the kids play...The terriyaki burger, by the way, is to DIE for. I loved it!! The kids meals were HUGE, and we were all happy. Delicious. Then it was time to leave. We were set to go, I knew Tevan would fall asleep and I was glad he slept until just before Jerome. We stopped at a gas station to fill-up and Daeson picked out some treats. This is where the drama started. My mom and Troy both gave him $5.00. I put it in his wallet and put the wallet in the diaper bag. However, when we got up to the front to have him pay for his treats, which he was sooo excited to do, the money was gone. DRAMA!!!!! So, I put the kids in the van, ran back in to pay with some cash that I had...luckily I had cash or I would have made a dollar debit purchase, and proceeded to call Kelly to see if she found find the money. He told me he put it in Brayden's train table, but it wasn't there. So, the money remains missing...he is totally devestated. He asks me every day if his monies are found. I have to tell him no and then he throws a fit. So, I finally got the kids settled down and we were on the way again. The last half took forever. It seemed like the road was never going to end!!! But, I finally called Troy about American Falls and asked him to get some meat out for dinner and told him I would make spaghetti and garlic bread and corn. We were just about to Idaho Falls...the Rose Firth exit...when my boys just couldn't take it any more. Tevan cried so hard that he was litterally turning blue. Daeson was screaming his head off, so we pulled over for a spell. We could have been home by the time we stopped and got going again, but it was okay. When we got home, Troy had a great dinner made for us...he even made the sauce from scratch. It was GREAT, thanks Babe! He then bathed the boys and I cleaned out the van. IT WAS A DISASTER!! I smiled at how nice it looked...a fresh clean van. We put the kids to bed and I stayed up til 2:30 am cleaning. Oh, Troy gave me a birthday present, too. A NEW DIGI CAM. I am so excited about that! It is great! Thanks, TROY!! I LOVE YOU!!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008: Busy, Busy...Tevan has a double ear infection, and hates his new medicine. He is miserable. Troy took Daeson to Rexburg to play with his cousins, Adalyn and Mieley, and Kayla came down here to shop for Heidi's bridal shower. We spent a LONG time shopping, but finally found something we think she...or maybe mostly Brad, will like. I got home just in time to finish dinner (Troy actually did the rice) and we ate. I had homemaking at 7 and Troy took Daeson to Kung Foo Panda. He said it is super good and that it is one we will buy. Daeson absolutely loved it and cannot stop talking about it. We had a good time at homemaking and I actually won a prize for the heaviest purse ( I use my diaper bag...but it goes with me everywhere. It weighs more than Tevan!!!). It was fun and we had a great time.

Thursday, June 12, 2008: I worked on party stuff today. We finally got our parents' present figured out, but I cannot say what it is because my mom reads this. I was in a bad mood today even though I tried really hard not to be. Every little thing irritated me. I guess it is all the meds and junk that I am on to clear up some cysts that I have. I will be glad when there are no more pills to take and the cysts will be GONE!!! I am so cranky sometimes I just want to hide! But it will soon be over...a couple more months. I took the boys to dinner last night at Papa Kelsey's and then got them bathed. Troy and I then took our boys on a walk. Daeson actually rides a big boy bike now with training wheels so he rode that. He did a great job and only crashed twice. He is such a big boy now!!! Daeson and I stayed up and watched Nancy Drew (not too bad, I kinda liked it) and ate popcorn. He fell asleep shortly after the movie started, but I enjoyed just holding him close. There is something so sweet about sleeping children. About 12:30 I went to bed...with my house a mess.

I will get the pictures on here as soon as I load them.

No comments: