Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day! and Happy Birthday, Grandma










Today we celebrated Father's Day and my Grandma Lish's birthday. I was a neat day. My parents came to stay at our house. Daeson sang in Sacrament mtg and mom helped me get things ready for the BBQ. I had sharing time and it turned out pretty well. I gave Troy an impact driver and drill set. Thank you mom and dad for picking it up for me!!! He got some socks and a shirt and golf balls. It was a nice morning and after noon! We got ready to go south for a family bbq. My aunt Lindy, Uncle Ron, cousins Shane and Ally and kids, and Heidi and Tyler and Hudson were there. Justin, Hailey, Jaxon, Jess, Brooke, Carson and Carlie, Ron's mom and sister, and of course, Grandpa and Grandma Lish. It was great to spend time with all these great people. It is not enough that we see each other! We had a ton of food and luckily the missionaries stopped by for a bite to eat. I am grateful for my family. Daeson had a great time playing with his cousins and so did Tevan once he decided to wake up!

My Grandpa Smith who died 12 years ago was a man who would help anyone in need. My Grandpa Lish has taught me respect and hard work. My dad has taught me that patience is a necessary quality. He has also taught me that it is sometimes better not to say anything at all. Troy has taught me that love will conquer all. He is a great daddy and a wonderful husband. We have been through a lot and I am glad that we have gone through it together. He keeps me level headed and he encourages me. He makes me want to be a better person. I also have a wonderful father-in-law who is there for me when I need him. He would do anything for us and I really appreciate that! My brothers and brother-in-laws are also great people whom I have learned a lot from (good and bad :) ) It is amazing though to see my brothers grow into men and fathers. Who would have thought?

No comments: