Saturday, June 26, 2010

Relay for life






This week I was able to participate in a relay for life for the American Cancer Society. This was a great experience and I walked 9 miles. I did not walk as many as I had hoped for, but I had the kids while Troy walked, then he took them home and I stayed until 3ish the next morning. I got a bad stomach ache around midnight and I had to take a break. My goal was 13 miles, but did not make it. Next year! It was great. Troy's sis Heidi suffered from thyroid cancer when she was only 13. It was so hard to watch her go through everything...radiation, surgeries, and just not knowing what the outcome would be. She has been cancer free now for about five years and we are all so proud of her. I dedicated laps to her and to every other member of my family that had cancer. Together, we raised quite a lot of money. We were teamed up with Benchmark Potato and another company. We had a blast, and the kids were not happy when we made them leave at 11 p.m. Kayla and Kaden walked over 26 miles, Troy walked about nine and Daeson ran two whole miles! We were so proud of him! I am not sure how the others panned out, but we all did a great job! Kent made a giant chess set and that was one of the fund raisers. Benchmark also had a potato bar to raise money. Thanks for the opportunity to participate and we will see everyone next year!!!!

No comments: