Sunday morning we met Dani, Bart and Annaleen at Temple Square and went to Music and the Spoken Word. They did a memorial theme and it was great. We walked around a bit and headed to Park City to scope out the Olympic park. It was neat to see and I think Bart and Annaleen liked it. We also went to the outlet and had a good time there. I stopped at Gap and found some capris, camis, and a couple of shirts. I also found a cute pair of flip flops and casual shoes at the Sketchers store. Danielle departed and the rest of us headed to Lagoon. I rode Wicked. It was so exhilarating! It is definitely a love-hate relationship there. I could not quit shaking when the ride stopped and I felt like my head was going to explode, but it was amazing. We stayed for a while and we ran into my bro, Jesse and his wife, Carlie and Tucker and Carlie's nephew. They were with my Uncle Kip and Aunt Mitzi and their fam: Shade, Shawntel, Shalese, and Shad. Jess and Shalese rode mouse trap with us. It was fun seeing them. Honestly, if Shad hadn't gone on Wicked, I probably wouldn't have. My uncle Kip rode it 2x's and liked it, too. After Lagoon, we headed for SLC once again. Troy and I ate at Rodizio Grill. He had been there before but I thought I would try it. I really like it and their Flan is to die for. Amazing.
Monday morning we went to Village Inn for breakfast and headed to IKEA. This is one store I always spend way too much money in and I think I need to buy everything. We got the boys some very cute creative toys. We also had to try the meatballs everyone tells us about. They were tasty, but we were still full from breakfast so we had little tastes. We were going to stop at Tai Pan, but we missed the exit. I begged Troy to stop in Malad so I could say hi to those at the store, but they are all new faces there. I did run into the Ray's and it was nice to catch up with my friend Bob's parents. We then did a surprise visit to the Jeppsen's. I was worried I had the wrong house, but relieved to see Anita. Brian (aka Jacob's dad) and Anita look exactly how they did 10 yrs ago. Very youthful. It was so nice to catch up with them. It made me very reminiscent of high school. It also made me sad that I have no roots there anymore. However, I was so happy they were home!!! They are super great people and I am glad to know that after 10 yrs of not seeing them, they still welcome me into their home as if it were yesterday. I miss my friends from High School. It is crazy to think I have been graduated for 12 years!!!!
We picked up the boys and I think Adam and Kayla were very glad to see us. Or maybe just to see my kids leave :). They gave up their weekend to watch our kids and I am glad they were willing to do it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
I am hoping that Bart and Annaleen email me some pics so I can post them. I wish you all could meet these wonderful people. They are so kind and thoughtful. One day I hope to be able to visit them in Belgium. Thank you, Bart and Annaleen, for all that you did for us! You two are so neat! I was so sad to see you go.
Now we are home and life has started once again. Sigh....
1 comment:
hi Jandy,
You can find all the pictures we took of our vacation here: http://picasaweb.google.be/114277236840063966104
Thanks for everything!
love ya all!
Anneleen
Post a Comment