Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thirty...

Today I turned thirty.

I am not sure how I feel about this. I had a lot I wanted to do before the dreaded thirty, but the list remains unfinished. I am not sure how I feel about this, either.

Yesterday Troy had a surprise family party for me. There were a lot of people here and I am so glad I cleaned my house yesterday morning...especially the bathrooms. My Uncle Kip and his fam came, Aunt D and her fam, Nick and Jenny (cousins), my brothers Jess and Just and families, Gram Tom, Ma and Pa Grover :), Kaden, cousin Jaedyn, Grandma Grover, Aunt Lindy, Uncle Ron, cousin Heidi, and her baby, Hudson, Jaimen and Kara and girls, and last but not least, Adam, KLa and girls. I am really hoping I did not miss anyone. It is late and I am trying to concentrate. We had a nice BBQ and a fun time. Thanks, Troy, for giving me a 30 bash. I missed some of my family members, but I understand that we cannot be at everything all the time. I am grateful for those who came and brought food to share. I was impressed Troy assigned out all that he did. I had no idea he was the party animal he proved to be!

This morning I had a nice visit with Nick and Jenny. They spent the night with us and it was super fun to see them. They had a wedding to attend to at the IF Temple so it was great to have them over. After Troy got home, we headed to Bubba's BBQ for breakfast. It was really good. We came home to get some measurements and headed back out. This time we visited Lowe's and Home Depot. Yup...I finally get the bedroom I have wanted for 7 years. We tore in to it today and boy do I have a mess on my hands. Lets just say, we ate out EVERY meal today. I really would like to stay at home the rest of the week and eat cereal. No more restaurants, please. At least for a while. Troy had some errands to run, so I tore out the closet organizer, the outlet covers, the blinds, the bathroom door, (I even figured out how to remove a doorknob!), and some left over nails. Then I sanded all the yucky patch jobs from the previous owners. I tried wearing a mask, but the goggles kept fogging up, so now my lungs are filled with sheet rock dust. I cannot quit coughing. It may be that I am thirty now, this old age is kicking in! But, I would like to think it is from the dust. We tore out our carpet and pad. That was gross! I really think the people before us were not very clean. Yuck! And everything they "fixed" was done very half heartedly! And WRONG! I guess it just gives me something to look forward to with each room...a new surprise! But I am so very excited for the new bedroom. Stay tuned for some before and after pics. Our flooring should be in next week...I hope. We are ordering from a great floor place in Pocatello...RugRat Flooring. It is on Chubbuck Road. My Uncle Ron owns it :). I am very excited for the wood floors, pretty paint and beautiful bedspread, pillows and decor. This is the first room I have done completely and I cannot wait to finally make this house my OWN! We are also buying our first bedroom furniture set. I cannot to get it all here. Some of it is on back order and the other pieces we are buying one at a time.

However, now, I am going to bed. It is getting late and I have a big day ahead of me. Lots of sanding, painting, wall patching, and floor sweeping to do. Wish me luck. I am not as young as I used to be...hahaha.

Thanks again for a wonderful Bday, Troy, Daeson and Tevan. I love you all! Thanks again for a fabulous Bday celebration!!! I really appreciate everyone!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Jandy-girl!

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to one of the best ladies on earth!! I luv ya and am glad you had a good day. I'm not tons excited about 30 myself! It's my black b-day. I'll have to tell ya the story sometime! Luv ya!!

Nicole said...

wish we were there.Can't wait to see you at the end of the month. I couldn't lose weight as easy after the babies once I turned 30. I am still working on the weight from Brenna. I have to run 35-40 minutes instead of the 20 that I used to. I think your metabolism should speed up not slow down. That would be awesome then we could eat more as we got older.

Rachel Chick said...

Happy birthday, Jandy!! What a wonderful present! I'm so excited to see your new room!! Can I help you? I'd love to help you with anything you need --- or watch your boys for you so you can work uninterrupted! Just let me know. My kids would love to play!