Monday, January 3, 2011

Back into the routine

This morning has been a rough one! Getting back into the school routine has been tough. It is 11:13, Daeson has school in 45 minutes and we are all still in our jammies. The house is a mess...still from the remodel and New Year's Eve get together. I finally got the kitchen cleaned up, I just need to seep the floor. I have laundry ready to switch out, the boys just finished picking up the plethora of movies and Wii games they have scattered all weekend. I still have one wall to paint and I am hoping the carpet layers come today.

This house is a shambles...everything from the toy room is in the living room, the stuff from the closets is in my bedroom and the odds and ends are going to the DI...another "pile". I will be grateful when this project is done. It is something that I have wanted since we moved in seven years ago. I can see an end to the tunnel...but it is in the distance still. My neighbor Kara visited me while I was painting. That was a great treat. Kaden, Troy's bro, helped him lay the hardwood in the hallway...or atleast part of the hallway is done. We need to put the boys' room together (the former toy room) before we can start the nursery and the living room. These will bee big projects. My two brothers, Just and Jay, came to do all the tear out. Troy hurt his back and this has been difficult for him to do. I am grateful they came to help, otherwise it would still be undone. It will be so great when we get things back to normal. When the mess is cleaned up, I can finally feel like we are getting somewhere.

Only 15 days until we find out if we are having a boy or girl. I would really like to have this all done so I can start getting prepared for the baby. This is exciting to me...and I have even softened my heart a little about the sex of the baby. I used to say BOY, but now I am open to whatever Heavenly Father decides to send. I guess we will find out soon enough. The sickness is subsiding. I have been doing okay. Some things still set me off,like exhaust and cologne, but we are doing so much better. The whole family is doing better. I am glad we were able to have a good Christmas. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out my new camera and how to load them on.

So, for now, I better get my act together by switching laundry, getting lunch, and taking Daeson to school. While he is there, I should have plenty of time to paint the last wall, walk on the treadmill, get showered and dressed and maybe even sweep the floor. I can also get dinner ready so it is a guarantee we are eating at an appropriate time.

I am grateful for my list of things to do. It wasn't so long ago that I could only lay on the couch and throw up. I am grateful my body is doing much better. Sometimes I even wonder if I am still pregnant. I have only gained two pounds, I can still wear my normal clothes and I have yet to feel the baby move. The Dr says I am now 18 weeks, but according to the first day of my last cycle, I am only 17 weeks. So, maybe the feelings will come soon enough. I am trying to be really healthy and I have now been able to take my prenatal vitamins. I hope that the baby got enough vitamins in the beginning to be healthy...it hardly got anything food or vitamin wise. Until next time...

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Jandy! I didn't know that you were remodeling so soon!!! I'd love to come see and catch up! Maybe later this week, huh? :) Glad that you're feeling better. Good luck with all you had on your plate this afternoon.