I am grateful to belong to this wonderful church. I know that sometimes we take offense or we offend others, but it is not the people of the church that are true...it is the gospel that will not change. I firmly believe that we have this amazing gospel on this earth and we have the full authority of the Priesthood. I know that Joseph Smith would not have died in vain. I know that those serving missions, callings, and those whom preside over this church would not give up their lives to do so if this were not a true church. The only true church on the earth today. I am lucky to be able to take part in such a wonderful gospel. I am grateful troy was able to attend conference with me. It was so nice to have him there.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Stake conference
This morning we attended stake conference. We live across the street from the stake center, so I was able to see that at 8:30 this morning the parking lot was FULL. We hurried to get ready, the boys stayed at Grover's last night so it was just Troy and I, and we rushed over. We were able to get a seat on the last row of the overflow. We were blessed today to have the temple President and Matron, a member of the stake primary presidency, our stake president, a member of the 70 and Jeffery R. Holland speak to us. Everyone gave a wonderful talk and we were left with an Apostolic blessing. He spoke of the old testament where James and John went to the temple to figure some things out and saw the lame man sitting on the stairs asking for handouts. James and John blessed this man and he was able to walk. He told that the Pharasies did not want to believe what had happened and they were upset that these miracles did not cease after they crucified Jesus Christ. They could not deny the miracle. It happened. He then talked about how scholars have tried for 180 yrs to destroy the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. They have all failed. Why have they failed? because it is true. You cannot deny it. You can choose to practice or not to practice, to believe or not to believe, but it does not change the fact that it is TRUE. I loved that. It was such a wonderful talk. He talked about missionary work and he challenged the youth to stay with the church for the next 10 years and diligently study the scriptures and they would not fall away. He called this their Tithe. Give it ten years and they would be so involved that they will not fall away. He blessed the men in our stake that they would honor their priesthood. he blessed the women that they would stay strong. he blessed our youth and the children that they grow up strong. He blessed that we would read and study the scriptures. He blessed the sick and afflicted. He did a wonderful presentation and I loved every minute of it. They all did a great job. I was happy that Troy went, but I missed my boys. I wanted Daeson to hear a man of God speak to us. I wanted him to feel the Spirit that was present. I am not sure Tev would have lasted, but I now that Daeson is such a spiritual child that he would probably never forget the talks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment