Friday, January 14, 2011

Boys room

Well, last night we worked late. The kids' room is DONE! We moved them in and they love it. We added another clothes rod so they each have their own. I previously used the extenders but went for a more permanent rod. So, if anyone needs three metal rod extenders, they are your for the taking! We put new trim in and moved in their beds and dresser. They got new shoe bins and everything is nice and new. They had a hard time going to sleep last night because their beds are right by each other. Oh well, the newness will wear off eventually. We do have to put in the trim for the windows and the closet...we didn't buy enough for that. So today we will grab that so I can paint and put up.

The nursery room is all torn apart and almost ready for paint. I am excited to get this done. We hung a couple more doors...leaving the hall closets and the nursery door. The living room has not been torn apart yet. Jaden is coming back up on Monday to rip the rock, mirror and carpet out. This should take all of Monday. I have the carpet coming the 24th, so I hope we are ready!!! Trim should fly this weekend and we should be ready for Monday. Troy is headed back to the computer shop, so if anyone wants to come help me move large couches and tables, you can :). I need to have them all moved by Monday.

I hope it is all nice and shiny by the end of next week. Yesterday I spilled and entire gallon of trim paint...I was kicking myself all day yesterday. I will have to buy more paint and more trim and then we will be FINISHED!!! YEAH! I know Troy HATED remodel jobs, but atleast we will have something wonderful when we are done. Thanks Troy and Jaden!

2 comments:

Rachel Chick said...

Super excited for you, Jandy!! I can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful. I think you need to post some pictures! :) Yes, think on that. PLEASE.