Friday, January 28, 2011

Sick

So Saturday night we took a break from all the painting and remodeling and decided to go to dinner with Jaimen and Kara. We had a sitter go to their house because ours was such a HUGE mess. Well, there was a visitor that night who was sick. Yup, a little friend came over and played with Tevan...she was sick! Well, needless to say that Monday Tevan started to feel yucky and that night he threw up and threw up and threw up. Poor kid! The funny part was that he came down to find Troy and I. We were downstairs watching The Office and Community on Hulu. After expressing that he was sick, he threw up on me. Then I started to throw up. So Troy was trying to help both of us...one garbage can, two puke-ees. After bathing and getting Tev back to bed, I laid by him all night. It was so fun laying with him, my fat belly, and my cramping legs on a twin sized bed. He threw up a good six times. He did really good,only once throwing up all over the bed. After bathing him and getting him in the third pair of jammies for the night, he went to sleep again. Tuesday he felt better but I kept him home from all activities. His eyes were bruised from the pressure of throwing up and he looked sickly. Wednesday he started to feel better and act himself again.

Thursday Troy picked Daeson up from school and he started crying and telling Troy he had a bad ear ache. So, we gave him some eardrops from a previous infection and hoped for the best. He really didn't feel good and anyone could tell. I finally called to get a perescription and we got him settled. He was accidentally given too much medicine and I was freaking out. I was told to watch him and to make sure he was peeing okay. He did really good for a bit. I finally finished quilting a quilt I started years ago (Susie Q, it will be on it's way shortly!) and I checked on the boys. He had thrown up all over his bed and himself. I was grateful that he didn't get on the new carpet:). We bathed him and got him laying back down on the heating pad. He slept pretty good last night and I was pleased that for the first time in a week he slept past six a.m. He went to school today and I asked his teacher to keep him in. We will probably end up taking out his adnoids and tonsils the first week of April (Spring break). That way he will be healed up for school the next week and it will be done before the baby comes. I will set up an apt on Monday. He is terrified, but I know he will do great. He will breathe, sleep and feel better. He has been so stuffy since August and he does no sleep at all. He tells me "It is not my fault I can't sleep, Mom. I just can't sleep very good." So...something has to give! We will find out what the verdict will be.

On the way home from school today he apologized for keeping me up all night. He is such a sweet boy! I told him that I was just glad that I felt good enough to take care of him. Troy was out with his friends until late and I was grateful I could hold it together while cleaning up the yucky stuff. I am grateful that both of my boys are feeling better. I am glad that, other than surgeries and colds, my boys are relatively healthy. They are sweet and loving and for the most part...perfect ;0. Troy has been feeling a lot better, too. His back is doing a bit better only giving him pain on his big delivery days. He is going back to school for his master's degree in Networking Securities or something like that. He has a very large brain and he is very, very smart. I know he will do well and I know he can pull it off. We are putting the computer store on hold for the time being. It was getting to be a bit too much. I was going crazy with his schedule and he was getting a bit worn out. He is a hard worker, but even Superman has to take a break! I am thankful for my family and friends. I am grateful for the support I get on a regular basis. I am one lucky girl...even through all the sickness and drama! I love this little family of mine!!!

No comments: