I have felt pretty good today. After breakfast I was able to clean the kitchen. It has not been done since yesterday's breakfast. I changed all the sheets on the beds. The kids hauled all the laundry down stairs and I folded some laundry. I have several batches to do still...sheets and bedding take up so many loads. The kids, for fear that the vacuum would eat them, picked up all their toys in the toy room and their bed room. I know today is the Sabbath. I know we are supposed to be thinking of our Savior and keeping a calm attitude. But is it okay that I do things when I feel good? Is it okay that I let things pile up because I often don't feel good, then take the chance when I get it to get things done? I hope that it is. I hope that my Heavenly Father will take into consideration that I have church music playing, Glen Ronson delivered a great message this morning, and I have tried to keep my voice calm...even though my blood pressure rocketed at one point. I looked on LDS.org for family home evening ideas for tomorrow night. I fed a friend and called to let the ladies in the presidency know that I would not be there. I have tried to think of my Savior as I have folded the many batches of laundry and swept my floor. I have tried to keep a happy spirit in my home...except for the couple of spankings the kids got when Troy got home because they for some reason don't think that I have any authority. When they were asked to pick up the basement, Daeson declared that he had no idea what a basement was...really? He refers the the basement almost daily so he got in trouble for lying. He has done this a lot lately.
Well, I am off to start another batch of laundry and bake cinnamon rolls before heading off to Grover's. I hope the Lord forgives me. I am just trying to do the necessary chores before we start into the week. I don't even have clean unders for tomorrow. That batch will go in next :). I hope every ones Sunday was a bit more spiritual than mine. Maybe I can make the best out of the rest...until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment