What did I buy today?? Target is clearancing out their baby stuff. They had Carter's onesies packs for 3.98. So what did I buy? Little girl onesies. Yup. I did. It is not that I think I am having a girl...I can give them as gifts. However, if the baby is a girl, I just got some killer deals on some adorable clothes. I bought a blanket sleeper and some bibs, too. I wish the car seats and the other fun things were more than 15 percent off, but they should reduce soon.
I have decided to put bookcase headboards on each of the boy's beds so they have some personal space in a shared bedroom. After looking online and calling some of the area stores, we decided to go to my favorite store, Catmulls. We have purchased a lot from them and we were able to find two WOOD headboards. I was tickle because up until this point, we found particle board and press board headboards for a lot of money. Catmulls ordered us the hardwood headboards for LESS than the particle board ones! In three weeks, I will have the two headboards and the boys room should be done! (Except for the amazing ceiling fan at Home Depot that they want)
Car shopping. I don't hate car shopping, but I don't embrace it either. We love our Pacifica and it has served us well. It is a very reliable car, it is a great size for two kids, and it has all the bells and whistles a person could want...leather seats, rear heating, key-less trunk opener (which is my absolute favorite feature and will never own a car without one!!!)...but it is not big enough for three kids. Why? There are six captain seats. In between the middle seats, there is a big center console. In order to get to the back seat, you have to flip the middle seat up...or enter from the back. I will have three car seats and I am not removing a car seat to let the back seat child out every time. So, we would have to put Daeson and Tev in the back, the baby behind the driver and the other middle seat permanently folded forward. By doing so, we loose all trunk space. I cannot even fit my suitcase back there with the seats unfolded. See the dilemma? So we browsed today. We shopped most of the car lots in our dear city. I don't want to go back to a mini van...mostly because I love the wheel base of the suv and crossovers and the all wheel drive ability. I don't want to spend 40K on a car. That is a HUGE waste of money in my mind. Some people don't mind spending that much, and that is fine for them. I just don't want to spend that much. Troy did get an ARMADA 2007 talked down to 24K tonight...better price, but the stinking thing had 50K miles on it. Sigh. I want something nice yet affordable. We really want a Vera Cruz and we have had our eye on that for quite some time...two years or so. The problem is that you cannot find them used in our area. Last week we found one for 17,500 in AZ but it sold before we could tell the guy to get it here. They are nice and reliable and come with a killer warranty. We have been looking since we found out we were expecting. And we will keep looking until we find one that fits our needs. Or until we miraculously fall into large sums of money that would allow us to spend 30K on our desired crossover.
It has been a pleasant day. It started off not so great, but then Troy came home and we have spent time together. Ahhh, so nice. Now he is in his office playing video games with our long-time friend, Brian, and I am left to the bloggin world. The kids used their GC from Christmas for dinner, Troy and I are not hungry at the moment and everyone is happy. I am in my jammies and I am almost ready to bath the boys. They need to go to bed early tonight so they can make it through church tomorrow.
Church...the one place I am supposed to feel spiritual, but feel so overwhelmed and busy. Somehow we make it through every week and we keep going back. The boys are pretty good as long as they have stickers and coloring pages to work on...yet I look around and see children younger than them sitting and listening during sacrament meeting. I don't know how to accomplish that. I just want them to stay busy and quiet so that I might, just might get a glimpse of what the speakers are talking about. At least they know now that the treats do not come until AFTER the bread and water have been passed. As soon as the priesthood leaders sit down, they tear into what ever they can find. We keep going back and will always keep going back. It is something all mothers wrestle with at some point in their lives. I often wonder how I am going to handle a new baby and two rambunctious boys. It is hard to be alone on Sundays...some Sundays Troy works and others he just catches up on some needed sleep. I struggle with this. I survive Sundays. I make it through each one with the wish that my husband was there with me. He is a great man, don't get me wrong. He is just not a religious man. The kids don't ask where daddy is, they know. They don't ask him to come anymore for fear of disappointment. They don't ask anymore if they can stay home because they know the answer is a definite no with some lecturing and possibly yelling. Daeson loves church. He loves primary and singing time. He loves to be part of a large group and he loves his new teacher. Tevan survived Sunbeams lat week better than I expected. He has great teachers. His nursery leaders were amazing and I am sure none of the kids wanted to change. But they did a great job and he has equally amazing Sunbeam teachers. I get restless after being in a calling for over a year. I yearn for change...but it happens in due time. In our religion, we are asked to serve. There is no compensation...except for spiritual blessing we might receive. Everyone is expected and asked to do their part. Sometimes an organization will consist of a ninety year old woman, an eighteen year old woman, a thirty year old woman and a fifty five year old woman. Sometimes these are hard to work with, but we are all called by revelation...and we have help with these callings. Sometimes we are called to serve with people we don't know, people we struggle with, people who are dear friends, or people who we just don't click with. It seems to turn out that we grow closer when serving. I think that all goes back to the promise that our Heavenly Father has given to us...that He will not give us tasks bigger than what we can handle. I find comfort in this daily!
So, off to get the boys ready for bed. I just realized they don't have clean church clothes, so I better get on some laundry, too. Shucks, just when I thought I could veg for the night. I better get busy...until next time!
1 comment:
You are such a great woman Jandy! You are simply amazing. I think of you VERY highly. You will be able to do it with 3 kids, in church alone. When my Hubby worked on Sundays- I had all 4 kids to myself. It was a struggle. BUT I KNEW I NEEDED TO BE THERE as well as THE KIDS NEEDED TO BE THERE.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
Post a Comment